Get Active With the C4K Varsity Board This Month!
Summer is almost here! However, the end of school looks a bit different than it has in the last few years. Without the common markers of summer like graduation ceremonies and our Summer Kickoff, the Varsity Board was searching for a way to continue serving their community. Thus, the idea for the 5K for Kids was born!
May is Physical Fitness & Sports Month and to celebrate, we’ve organized a virtual 5K to encourage kids and families to get out and get active. The C4K Varsity Board would like to present our 5K for Kids! This virtual 5K is a great way to get active as a family while helping C4K equip & empower athletes across our state. Since you complete this self-directed 5K at your own pace in your own neighborhood, we're using social media to connect with each other.
On Saturday, May 30th, you’re invited to walk, run, or bike with us at 10 AM! You pick the route for this VIRTUAL 5K - you can walk around a park, in your neighborhood, or anywhere else you can think of! Invite your family and friends to sign up too and have a blast while staying active together.
Getting signed up is easy…
1. Donate $20 to C4K https://give.cornerstone.cc/ok... to reserve your spot. If you'd like to register for more than one participant use the "Other" button to enter a custom donation amount.
2. Check your email inbox for your bib number and day-of instructions from C4K staff.
3. On the day of the 5K, complete it wherever and however you want! All activity levels welcome!
4. Share a photo to your social media, tag C4K, and use our hashtag #5KForKids. We can't wait to see pictures of where everyone completed their 5K - show us your race face!
5. Give yourself a high five! You did it!
Registration is open now so get your spot today! Funds raised by this 5K will go toward funding new blue C4K collection bins. We believe that more kids will need help to play sports than ever before – and we want to be ready! These bins will help us collect gently used equipment through collection drives and drop-off donation locations.
Thank you for helping us equip and empower kids!